Monday, March 19, 2012

Walk in the Spirit

If we live by the Holy Spirit, let us also WALK by the spirit. If by the Holy Spirit we have out life in God, let us go forward, walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.-Galatians 5:25

This week I will be sharing from what I learned, The 4 components of walking....

So first of all when I was learning about this I was thinking about actual walking, but as I continued to go more into the class the real walk was about the spiritual walk. 
Purpose- our conduct pleasing to the Lord- In this life you must know where u are going and why your going in that direction.
Observation- watching for distractions, obstacles, assaults- The bible says in Luke 17:1   " Things that cause people to stumble are bound to come, but woe to anyone through whom they come. Know that you will face some things in this life and that this walk will not be a walk in the park, because if it was then everybody would be doing it.
Balance-going forward with discernment, determination- Jesus said I rather for you to be hot or cold, then to be lukewarm or I will spit you out of my mouth. If this is truely the life that you want to live then lets start showing it and give Him everything we have to offer.
Action- step-by-step, decision-by- decision, choice-by-choice- Sometimes we get so caught up in the technical things that we forget the little things that makes the difference. we have to go one day at a time. We need to allow God to handle every situation one by one, day by day.

EX of how we should walk: " We need to walk in the spirit just as military walk in formation"

See you next time on What I Learned This Week

No comments:

Post a Comment