Monday, May 7, 2012

Cleansing Stream

So on Friday I was headed to Pittsburgh to a retreat that express cleansing from God. They had a topic about Trauma which means the result of hurtful and wounding tragic events that we experience. I may or may not involve physical injury; but almost always has an impact or effect mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. These events can cause profound fellings of fear, confusion, loss, hopelessness, despair and anger. This really spoke to me because when I lost my dad at 48 years old of MS, I just felt blank; just me and my mother, but God allowed me to find comfort in some leaders that he placed in my life; my youth pastor and his wife. With that I began to understand that the Lord was there the whole time and reminded me that he will never leave me or forsake me. Trauma can be something that can mess up your life or put a hold on it if you don'tallow God to feel that void in your life. Now this does not only acure from death in the family, but many other things and situations that people go through in life. The thing is that we hold on to these things for a long time and just forget aabout them and then we wonder why we aren't growing in Christ, because we haven'
t dealt with the past things in our life that we have decided to let sit and place a hold on our livs.

REMEMBER: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment