Monday, May 7, 2012

Every Hand Counts!



So this year I was able to do many different types of ministry opportunities, including my favorite one, Feed My Sheep. Now to finish it off I decided to do some local helping hand ministry stuff. So last month Stacey was talking to me about her mom needing some help painting and doing some things around their house that they are fixing up so that they can live in it and call it their home. I took the opportunity and told her that I would take some time from my Sabbaths on Fridays to go and help her. So Staci, Josh, and I went to help her mom on a Friday and due to our schedule end up going on that Saturday as well. That Friday for 5 hours, the three of us went there and first we did some yard work raking up leaves; about 4 to 6 pick- up loads, then we started painting Stacey’s room. We did the first coat of paint that Friday night. Now on that Saturday evening for 3 hours, Stacey didn't go, but Josh and I did. We went over there and put on the second coat and did the ceiling in Stacey's room. Also we started the bathroom. To some people this is might have seem like much, but it’s those random acts of kindness that allows people to see the kind person you are, and it show God that no matter what it is you are, can and will serve. This kind of serving can definitely be used in the local church. Now days everybody want to do the big stuff, but it’s the little things that make the difference. The bible says: If you can be faith in the little things, I will make you ruler over many." Just think about the number of people in your local church that you know needed or needs some help. As a child of God and a servant we should be the first to jump when something needs to get done, not because if we do it we will receive something in return, but because it is what God commands us to do, “Be Servants to His People."

-Your act of servant hood could well right lead you to witnessing to someone so that they may come to know and accept Christ in their lives.
“Be a servant out of love, and not one to do just to receive.”

No comments:

Post a Comment