Thursday, May 3, 2012

Your story do make a DIFFERENCE


It was my first time out of the country. I went to Abaco, Bahamas for a mission’s trip with my school and I was awesome. Now as you are reading this your thinking the Bahamas, He had a blast. I did have a great time, but a time of Impacting lives of young boys and girls whose lives are not so good. I grew up in a single parent home and sometimes we didn't always have, but we made it through. So ministering in Abaco allowed me to learn how to use my story to understand the level of hurt and pain that the children were going through over there. Sometimes we treat our story like as if it is some think that we just lived through and one day forgot about it, but as followers of Christ he give us opportunities to use what we went through to change someone else’s life.

In Matthew it talks about going out into the world and making disciples and sharing the gospel, I can truly say that this past week we have done just that. It was a long, busy, tough, dirty, and crazy week, but we didn't do it to glorify ourselves but the Lord God himself. Just because you don't have the same story as someone doesn't mean that you can't be used by God to work in one's life. We went out and did the work of God and so can you. Just have God be first in your life and when he tells you to go be obedient and GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment