Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ministry

When Jesus came to this world, He didn't to be serve, but to serve. If He can do just that, then why can't we as christians just simply do the same. It's fall season in the month of October and it has really been a great month. I love cooking and feeding people, so early in this month I went to one of my favorite ministries to help out for 4-1/2 hours, Feed My Sheep. As you know it is where we go and cook a hot lunch ,then feed seniors who can't afford to make ends meet each month. Over time I have build a great relationship with the other worker and the seniors eating lunch. The IMPACT that I leave on them is having them know that I care and that I really enjoy spending time with them, even if its just for one friday a month. Also this month the leadership students and I helped Pastor Tim with some spotting, clock runner, and video recording at his son Issac's school foot ball games. We went to the games every friday for about 2 hours each game. It didn't matter if it was rain or shine we were there. even though we were no relation to Issac, we still took time out of our friday's to go and support him and the team. It's not the enjoyment of the game that matters, it's the fact that the kids understand that there is someone at the game cheering you on and care about your success in whatever you do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment