Friday, November 16, 2012

Serving the local church

Serving the local church is definitely a great experience. Doing this shows you what a true servant is. This week I did a lot of interesting things. Even though my passion is counseling and preaching, I can say that I was able to do other things that the church needed, not only because I knew how to do them but also because it is what servants do. Now this week at the church I had to paint 4 tables, clean to cloests, clean 2 booths, rake leaves, and my favorite getting to speak to the youth on Tuesday about Growth and Commitment. Also the other mission students and I helped with a class that Chafik the youth pastor started on Thursday.  This week I put on 20 hours of service at the church. Do these things gave me two observations about this ministry is, 1. In a church your job is not the only job that need to be done, 2. Also in ministry it is important to be flexible and adjustable to the things to come in ministry. Within all this I found myself most beneficial in the position of just being there right for the youth pastor whenever he needs me. There really wasn't nothing that was least benefitting. My favorite aspects about this week was working with my youth pastor and his wife, they are like my mother and father. ( spiritual parents) My least favorite thing was, well I didn't have one. In all this God has really spoke to me this week. He has been telling me that it is time to stay committed and grow. If I truly want all that God has for me then I need to step it up another level, because he has great plans for me and I don't want to miss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment