Monday, February 13, 2012

Leading You N Truth

So I am really enjoying the study of my Disciple's Victory Book. It is week four and we are learning about praying in faith.

Each week we have scripture- memory verses and this week it is: "This is the confidence we have approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us- whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him" ( 1 John 5:14-15). It's amazing how god speaks to us through scripture. My favorite part of this week was the three commuications God speaks truth to us.
1. Abide in Christ- Abiding in His word is a must. John 15:5 says " I am the vine, you are the branches, if you abide in me and I abide in you, you will bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing. We as christians muct make sure that we have the word in us.
2. Abide in the Word
3. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead you in truth.- pg. 72 God reveals His will through His word but only to those who allow the Holy Spirit to lead them in truth.

When Jesus decended into heaven He sent  down the Holy Spirit to counsel us and protect us. We need to take advantage of what the Lord gives us,with out it we cannot achieve what God has in store for each and everyone of us.

God Bless, and see you next week with more of good learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment